It is that time of the year again – our hearts turn to Frankfurt. Yes, MapsofWorld’s seventh year at the Frankfurt Book Fair – the biggest book and media fair in the world. More than 7,500 international exhibitors from 100 countries are attending the fair this year. Over 3,200 events are scheduled to be held here between October 10 and October 14, 2012.
Each October, representatives from the book and media industry gather here, in Frankfurt. Booksellers, agents, publishers, authors, digital media providers and a number of other professionals head to Frankfurt from all parts of the world.
MapsofWorld has made a significant mark in the world of tourism and travel publications including atlases, and travel guides. For over seven years we have represented the world of cartographic publications at this fair.
This year our offerings at the fair include an attractive set of illuminated globes, clean and beautiful maps in all sizes and customized cartography services. But the show-stealer has been our collection of mobile apps. World Atlas Pro, our mapping app for iOS and for the Android platform has been a huge hit with those who have been visiting us. With three more days to go, we feel like we have just about gotten started.
Frankfurt Book Fair never fails to remind us of our love for the work we do – maps, data, research, technology, and most importantly designing what is important to you, the MapsofWorld family.
If you are in Germany this time of the year, drop in on MapsofWorld at –
Frankfurt Book Fair
Follow our live updates from the Frankfurt Book Fair on Twitter @mapsofworld
Here’s a snazzy video of Team MapsofWorld at the Frankfurt Book Fair on Day 1
It was an eventful Day 2 at the Frankfurt Book Fair. We've added photos of the day above. First three days of the event are restricted to trade visitors, the fair opens to general public from Saturday, October 15, 2011. The action at the event was evident from the Twitter hashtag #fbf11. From book deals to insightful speeches, Day 2 turned out to be an eventful one.
Video from IMTA (International Map Trade Association) Reception at the Frankfurt Book Fair:
We're excited to be part of the world's largest book fair, a convergence point for the publishing industry. Having attended FBF for six years in a row, we've brought some exciting possibilities for Map Publishers this year:
- Mobile & Tablet Apps Development
We can help you convert your mapping data into Apps for iOS and Android.
- Custom Mapping Service
Partner with our Mapping division for its mapping expertise.
- Online Map Store
With more than 4 million visitors on MapsofWorld.com, we can help you sell your map and educational products.
- Map Portal: Map portal in major international languages, including English, Spanish, Arabic, German, Finnish, and Chinese.
Visit MapsofWorld.com at Frankfurt Book Fair
An exciting start to the world's largest book fair. It looked like the publishing world was converging at the Frankfurt Book Fair on a chilly wednesday morning. Massive arrangements and preparations from the organizers and exhibitors around the world. The first three days are restricted to trade visitors and last two are open to general public.
We made it to the news last week about our unique offering this year at the fair. We have been part of Frankfut Book Fair for six years now, it has been wonderful to witness the evolution of an industry changing so rapidly.
We bring some exciting possibilities for Map Publishers at this year:
- Mobile & Tablet Apps: For publishers of high-quality maps and atlases, we can help you convert your existing mapping data into digital products and services, even if the data is not in GIS format. After digitizing, MapsofWorld.com helps publishers create interactive apps using your content, which can be sold in the thriving mobile app market.
- Custom Mapping Service: Businesses working with location-based data can partner with the MapsofWorld.com Custom Mapping division, which can provide POI datasets and mapping expertise.
- Online Map Store: For businesses selling mapping or educational solutions, the online map store is a great place to increase brand visibility. As MapsofWorld.com draws more than 4 million visitors every month, publishers will easily reach a diverse and huge audience.
- Map Portal: Students can explore the map portal in major international languages, including English, Spanish, Arabic, German, Finnish, and Chinese. MapsofWorld.com has thousands of thematic maps available as study tools with engaging content on educational topics.
Visit MapsofWorld.com at Frankfurt Book Fair
Hall 3.1 Stand K 681
(October 12 - 16, 2011)
September was an eventful month here at Mapsofworld.com. With the updates and events lined up in coming months, 2011 is turning out to be one exciting year. ‘Maps & Apps’ best described our work in September, with updates in Mapping, Thematic Maps and Mobile Apps. We thank you for your contribution in helping us develop better Apps and Mapping resources for Students, Teachers, Parents and anyone who loves learning with maps
What kept us busy in September:
- Participated at the International Map Trade Association conference in California.
- New version of iPad Atlas gaining momentum; Reviews, Walk-through Video, Download
- Updated thematic maps on Africa, series on American Revolution and World War I
- Re-imagined our homepage; let us know what you think?
Coming up in October, 2011:
- Frankfurt Book Fair, October 12-16, 2011, Visit our stand
- Exciting new Apps on Android, iPad and iPhone focused to mix fun with learning.
- New Thematic Maps and a Series on 50 US States.