Our team at espanol.mapsofworld.com have been working tirelessly to unite the spanish speaking countries on their website, to provide one a true spanish version of MapsofWorld.com; We produced detailed maps for Nicaragua and El Salvador few weeks back. Today we're updating maps for Honduras.
If you see the map above, you'll notice that Honduras is located in Central America. Bordered to the west by Guatemala, to the southwest by El Salvador, to the southeast by Nicaragua, to the south by the Pacific Ocean and to the north by the Caribbean Sea. Honduras is divided into eighteen departments (states/provinces), based on the Spanish model of adminstration, also prevalent in countries like Nicaragua and El Salvador.
We have updated the follow Department (States/Provinces) maps for Honduras:
- Atlantida is a department located on the north Caribbean shore of Honduras. There are eight municipalities in this department.
- Colon is one of the 18 departments of Honduras. There are ten municipalities in this department.
- Comayagua is a department located on the west central of Honduras. There are twenty one municipalities in this department.
- Yoro is one of the 18 departments of Honduras. There are eleven municipalities in this department.
- Copan is one of the departments in the western part of Honduras. Copan is located in western Honduras close to the border with neighbouring Guatemala. There are twenty three municipalities in this department.
You may also want to check a comprehensive list of all Honduras Departments Maps
We'll be adding more department maps for Honduras in coming time, watch out for this post or bookmark it if required. Do post your feedback or suggestions in our comment section below